1. Do you apologize to your kids?
Yes, if it is merited. Though Liam often says to me that I need to apologize to him for dealing out a punishment after he apologizes to me. Sorry, but no. Though sometimes I know I have over-reacted and in those cases, I do apologize and explain that even though I was too angry or yelled too much, I still am not pleased with his actions, I just could have handled it better. I think it’s good for kids to realize that we aren’t perfect and that we set a good example for correcting our wrongs.
2. What color are your nails right now?
On my hands: plain old skin tone. Nothing exciting there, though I have recently discovered buffing them and it makes my nails nice and shiny for the better part of a week and I think it makes them healthier over all, I’ve had less splitting and peeling since I started doing it.
On my toes: a sassy dark purple-red color. I always have my toe nails painted, though in between my pedicures (they I get 2-3 times per year) I just keep painting over the old polish, which I’m sure is not a great practice.
3. When you were growing up, how difficult was it for you to stay home from school sick? (As in, did you have to vomit or just say “I don’t feel good”.)
I don’t think I ever tried to stay home from school and I rarely got sick and only remember a handful of times that I had to take medicine for being sick. My kids (knock on wood) have inherited by wellness genes and don’t get sick much either.
One time I did lie to get out of going to Sunday night church by saying I didn’t feel good when my stomach was slightly queasy, the kind of queasy where you know you could power through. But I learned my lesson because after a bowl of strawberry Honeycomb cereal, I felt more than a little queasy and ended up throwing up. Never tried to fake being sick again.
4. When is the last time you bought a new comforter for your bed?
We bought a new duvet cover last fall at IKEA. The comforter itself we’ve had since we got married 6 years ago.
5. Favorite website(s)?
I don’t know if I have a favorite per se, but I have sites I check daily:
- Google Reader (if you read a bunch of blogs, do yourself a favor and set up a Reader account, it’s free and keeps all your blogs in one place so you don’t have to visit the individual pages each time you want to see if they’ve update, the bold titles have new posts – easy peasy)
- Hotmail and gmail
- Television Without Pity