So the Grammy Awards were last night and I was a little disappointed by the performances but I had something thoughts that I’d love to share with you, this may or may not be interesting to anyone but me (and maybe Stef).
- First: Adele = love. She’s got such a BIG voice that you forget she is so young (21 or 22) and I thought it was adorable when she finished singing “Rolling in the Deep” that she let out this cute little giggle/sigh and just reveled in the moment. That is someone who deserved every award she won last night (and some that other people won, whether she was nominated or not).
- Did anyone else find it a little… wrongly worded when Springsteen, the opening number, shouted “Are you alive, America?” Slightly insensitive to the fact that a huge music icon had just died the day before and the ceremony would of course be impacted by that, I just thought it was a poor choice in words, but I’m not the biggest Springsteen fan (sorry, Lynn and anyone else I know who loves him)
- I wonder if any other award show has ever been opened with prayer, including the Dove Awards – LL Cool J is cool in my book for doing that, I didn’t notice if anyone refused to shut their eyes and bow their heads
- Not surprisingly, Foo Fighters won best rock song since they were the only nominees who were actually a ROCK band… as a bonus to them, they got to perform twice (though once would have been enough) as a non-bonus they were played off and had the lights turned down on them at the end of their acceptance speech.
- Speaking of performing twice, I still think you are a tool, Chris Brown, and think it’s a crying shame you were there and actually won something. You suck.
- They let that idiot perform twice but only let The Civil Wars do an excerpt from their song, for why?
- I sure wish Taylor Swift would stop that stupid incredulous look when people cheer for her – it’s been a few years now, you should not be surprised that people like you.
- Dear Katy Perry: Your performance was strange and uncomfortable, very sorry you are getting divorced.
- Dear Rhianna: Leather shorts are NEVER a good look, even in Barbados but singing with Chris Martin from Coldplay is always good (as Simon said, I’d take a pitching, imperfect LIVE performance from Coldplay than an autotuned, lipsynced performance from anyone else)
- Low lights in the performance category: Beach Boys, Paul McCartney (Sir is getting too old for this), any and all Chris Brown
- High lights: Adele (obvs), Jennifer Hudson tribute to Whitney Houston, Coldplay, The Civil Wars, looking at Adam Levine, Lady Gaga only wearing one outfit.
- Did anyone else catch the Chipotle commercial:
And that’s all I got for ya… any thoughts on the show?