TGIF, here are a few things I’m looking forward to for the weekend…
- Manicures with Keri this afternoon (the weekend starts at noon today, didn’t you hear?) and a pit stop at Sugar Momma’s.
- Simon’s taking Liam to a monster truck show tonight… I’m not sure who is more excited about this the big guy or the little one. I’m excited to put Jack in bed and enjoy a glass of Malbec (has anyone else enjoyed the box wine from Target – I kind of love it).
- Saturday night is date night! Whoot! Sadly, after date night Simon will have to go to work for a few hours and with the time change he’ll end up coming home after midnight – sad face. But working Saturday means he gets to leave early to take Liam to the show tonight – a fair trade.
- Sunday afternoon we have small group and I’m so looking forward to it, I really like our new small group! It’s been a long time since we had a small group and our last one spanned five years so we’ve definitely lucked out with the groups we’ve been put in. Some of the women from our group came over Tuesday night and we had a great time talking and getting to know each other, such a treat!
- Actually having time to work out… since Jack can’t be trusted while I work out when he’s still awake and now takes forever to fall asleep since moving to his new bed I haven’t been able to get my mid-week workouts done. I can’t wait until it is warm enough to take them walking again…
1. Are you looking forward to the time change this weekend?
I don’t think that anyone with children looks forward to any time changes – it always screws up someone’s schedule. Hopefully this one will be as pain-free as possible, except for Simon who will be working and losing an hour of precious sleep. I much prefer gaining an hour in the fall.
2. Are you getting the new iPad/would you want a iPad?
We aren’t getting a new iPad (we opted to go for the Kindle Fire) BUT if Apple ever wanted to send us one for comparison purposes (also because my husband doesn’t really get to use the Kindle) we would absolutely take one. 🙂 I will continue to enter drawings to win one when I see them!
3. If money was not a problem, what is the one thing you would splurge on?
First class tickets. Even business class. Heck, even premium economy. Because it’s definitely a splurge if upgrading to premium economy for ONE flight would cost the same as purchasing all our round trip tickets to Australia. [I learned this when I inquired about upgrading on our return flight since we got inexplicably bumped up on our way to Australia; to my credit I did not choke when the desk clerk told me the cost. Ummm, no thank you.]
4. How did you and the Mr. (or Mrs.) meet?
Blind date set up by my lovely friend, Jonna. She has had a 100% success rate with her matchmaking skills (we were her one and only journey into that realm). We met at Panera in the mall and closed the place down, perhaps because we can both talk a lot, but really because we just really liked talking to each other. On the way home I ended up stopping at my college roommates’ house and recapping the date with her and I remember thinking, I might have just met the man I’m going to marry. And I had.
5. Summer is right around the corner. Bikini or one-piece?
Linking up with Mama M for Five Question Friday!