Here are MY favorite finds from around the web:
Crafts I’d like to try:
- Paint Chip Easter Garland – I’m normally not a seasonal decorator, but I LOVE paint chips (spied on Say YES! to Hoboken)
- I have a secret affinity for mobiles and this Hot Air Balloon one is pretty neat (also spied on Say YES! to Hoboken)
- You can never have too many candles and these bottle cap candles would be perfect for travelling or an outdoor party
- This isn’t necessarily a craft, but I COVET this crafty space
- I rather love the beauty of these DIY decorations recycling common leftover items
- What fun pom pom garland!
- I’m always looking for ideas for easy baby gifts since my aspiration doesn’t always meet up with my concentration, these simple baby blankets might do the trick
Recipes I’d like to try:
- Simon would love this Chicken Souvlaki Pita with Tzatziki (though he would likely want to hold the sauce which is okay because MORE for ME)
- Red Velvet Sheet Cake – need I say more? (apparently, I do, the frosting she, a.k.a., the Pioneer Woman, uses for this is fan-freaking-tastic)
- A different spin on peanut butter cup cookies – yum!
- Salt + chocolate again: Salted Chocolate and Pecan Cake Bars
- I don’t know why, but I always want to try to make something you typically buy like english muffins or these bagels (for all the effort, the final product better blow me out of the water)
- I have made Pioneer Woman’s French Onion Soup many times – it’s divine; but smitten kitchen has never steered me wrong so I might have to try her recipe
- Let’s pretend all the asparagus makes this Shaved Asparagus Pizza healthy – just ignore the two kinds of cheese
Things I’d like to buy:
- There’s something about these glass plastic bags that are utterly perfect (spotted at Tangled and True)
- Any of this artwork for my boys’ rooms
- Could these be my perfect shoe?
- These adorably packaged chocolate covered espresso beans (spied on Design Sponge)
- This really should be filed under, things I’ve bought and you should, too: Matt Logelin’s book Two Kissed For Maddy (disclaimer: you will read this and cry, because it is about his wife dying the day after giving birth to their daughter and how he went on from there as a single parent; I cannot even imagine)
Posts I liked and I’ll tell you why…
- These birth announcements from parcelpost are simply adorable, almost worth having another child so I can use the idea – almost (spotted at Tangled and True)
- My house needs more greenery since right now it’s pretty confined to the eating area in our kitchen – thanks for the inspirtion, Sandy!
- My son is also turning into a bit of a lying liar (but really, I love everything that Emily writes)
- I wholeheartedly agree with this post – I don’t see the point in keeping kids from doing something fun for fear they will get hurt, especially since kids get hurt doing normal things (Liam has a scar on his chin from a leaning too hard on a toy and having it slip across the floor causing him to fall and hit his chin on that toy). The last paragraph is my favorite part.
New to me blogs:
- I think this site could help me be a more creative parent: Modern Parents Messy Kids (or at least give me fodder for wanting to be more creative
- Not *exactly* new to me, but this blog fell of my radar for a while when I switched blog readers: Sweet Juniper
- I borrowed her Five Question Friday questions from Sandy’s blog but now that I have found her, I think she’s great: My Little Life, Five Crooked Halos
- What a fantastic idea for a blog… got a gripe? She’s got a way for you to get your revenge: Ya Don’t Say