It makes me laugh to title this post “random thoughts” because really, that’s the entirety of this blog – my random thoughts. But just the same, this list is just stream of consciousness…
- The z-pac is working its magic and I was able to breathe through my nose today – it is a glorious thing
- Now I just need my head to stop hurting when I lay down or bend over (I’m assuming you can get sinus pressure in the back of your head? Add that to the list of things I’ve Googled.)
- My kids were overly maniacal at the grocery store today and then I realized when I got in the car that it was nearly 6 and they hadn’t had dinner yet. Whoops.
- But we didn’t make it to the grocery store because Jack actually took a nap on MY watch today (usually he wakes up the minute I get home from work so I never get to experience the joy of naptime, especially lately as he seems to think he is too good for napping on the weekend – NOTE TO JACK: you are NOT too good for napping and I will remember this when you are teenager, believe me, I will remember!)
- I relented and bathed the children this evening – they laughed hysterically at me pouring water on their backs from a couple of feet in the air, it made the effort worthwhile (that and getting to cuddle my burrito babies in the towels post-bath)
- I seem to have developed insomnia – it takes me forever to fall asleep and I wake up multiple times in the night and have difficulty falling back asleep. This has been happening quite often for the past month or so and I assure you, nothing is on my mind, I just cannot sleep like I used to. This makes me so sad because I LOVE sleep. I was a marathon sleeper in college (who wasn’t, really?) and now, if I sleep past 7:30/8 on a Saturday (if my husband is feeling nice and turns off the monitor before he goes downstairs) it’s a small miracle. Just sad.
- I’m super excited about Simon’s father’s day gift (it’s definitely the best I’ve ever done, though I don’t have a whole lot to live up to – I’m not the best father’s day gift giver I think because I’ve been perpetually tired since our children came along and made us parents so I fail at planning ahead but despite the insomnia, I’ve got it together this year). Can’t wait to fill you in!
- I’m super excited to be having coffee tomorrow night with my friend, Tracey, an evening out of the house with a good girlfriend, might do me more good than the z-pac. Isn’t it funny that despite how good life is, women can always use a little face-time with a friend.
- Jonna and her family leave in three days for Africa – I’m praying for peace, safe travels and God’s hand to guide them.
- I can’t get this story out of my mind and I don’t know what to do about that other than pray for the people of Sudan – both the innocent and the unjust.
- And so as not to leave you with a deep, depressing thought… I’ll share with you the number seven – that’s the number of times I had to tell my son to stop “adjusting” himself while we were at Meijer. (Sorry to my future 15-year-old son who might ever be reading this but you are/were that kid.)
- And in case that didn’t do it for you, here’s this photo of my beloved and Liam from three years ago: