It ain’t much – just a little stream of consciousness, bullet point post… with some other random photos I found on Simon’s computer and that my SIL sent me for my birthday.
- We are having a true heat wave (and I hate it) – it is hot, hot, hot outside and super humid and this makes me a little cranky.
- Despite the hot temps, whenever Liam is inside and our A/C is running, he walks around saying “Brrr…”
- This is a repeat for those who know me on FB, but worth repeating: when I ask Jack if he wants a timeout, he now responds with “I want a hug?”
- I am happy to report that he’s still saying “I’ll be fun!” whenever I put him to bed or leave him at daycare and I still find it adorable.
- Liam lost his lunch box at daycare on Monday – not sure how that happened and neither are they. Liam’s quite certain an invisible man took it and when I asked him what he looked like, he exasperatedly said, “Mom, I couldn’t see him, he was INVISIBLE!” Just checking.
- Jack’s other cute new thing is to hold my face in his hands when he wants my attention or wants me to read him the book he’s shoved in my hands. I keep trying to get him to do this to Simon but we’ve yet to succeed, despite my directing him to just “try and ignore Jack” and it will happen.
- While I appreciate the fact that my kids don’t freak out too much when they fall down, I do feel slightly bad that when Jack made a mad dash for the street as we were getting in the van and wiped out, scraping his leg, I said, “That’s why we don’t run in the road.” And then I said, “Are you okay?” [He was fine after a bandage and some hugs.]
- Today is my friend, Jonna’s birthday, please go wish her happy birthday! She introduced me to Simon all those years ago and for that I will love her forever (though I would have despite her stellar matchmaking skills)!
Now, for your viewing pleasure, some random photos with commentary.
My older (not oldest) and (slightly) wiser brother a few Christmas’ ago on a trip to Lansing. Here I believe he’s kareoking (it’s a word) at Corey’s a local bar owned by a family he grew up with. Clearly, he’s an amazing singer (and also maybe drunk).
Jack and my dad – two peas in a cheeseball pod.
Me, proving the cheeseball doesn’t fall far from the tree (perhaps I’m mixing too many metaphors).
Liam and his future girlfriend/wife, Keila. Upon learning he will be a year ahead of her in school because we’re doing kindergarten next year, her mom told me that it would be all right because when he was a freshman in college, she could just ride her bike over to see him since they don’t live too far from where we plan on him going to college (remember, 80% discount on tuition).
Jack and Simon at cousin Max’s birthday party – I think the only thing Jack ate that day was the frosting off three cupcakes and a handful of chips. He’s got discerning tastes.
Last year at Reed’s Lake I took this photo of Simon and Liam that perfectly captures what life with our oldest is like. You just stand there and he never stops moving.
In closing, a photo of Simon and I tailgating before the U2 concert (why yes, that is a tattoo on my ankle – it’s the Chinese symbol for happiness; and yes, I verified that it really is that before getting it permanently applied to my body). Perfect company. Perfect weather. Perfect concert.