A new TV season is upon us and I love it but sometimes I miss my favorite shows that have gone on to TV heaven… in no particular order:
- Felicity | College me would have married Scott Speedman in a heartbeat (or Scott Foley – really, either one)
- Alias | My favorite spy girl, I kind of wanted to be Sydney Bristow when I grew up
- Dawson’s Creek | I was team Pacey all the way
- The West Wing | Understanding this show always made me feel smart and once my co-worker and I had a pedi-conference around our office and then we squealed with delight over our parallel to the show (TV nerds unite!)
- Friends | Thursday night will never be the same – I still miss the college days, all hanging out in our room watching that show
- ER | Another Thursday night special; I still remember Carter getting stabbed, Mark Green getting beat up in the bathroom and Romano getting hit by the helicopter – talk about a tough workplace
- Family Ties | This family always made me jealous of my friends who had siblings close in age
- Growing Pains | Then I watched this show and was thankful for my pseudo only-child upbringing
- Cheers | One of the first shows I watched with my parents and could appreciate (more or less)
- Alley McBeal | Quirky and fun + random song breaks = good times
This post is linked to Oh Amanda’s Top Ten Tuesday.
I’ll add a few- Mash (the only TV show my dad would watch with me), 90210- the early years, and Punky Brewster. 🙂
Oooohh – those are all good. Simon still watches MASH – it’s on some random cable channel. And the music from the 90210 theme, another thing that makes me happy 😉
Brian and I were just talking about Ally McBeal the other night…totally random show, but it brought good friends to our apartment. And that gave me a good excuse to keep Homemade Peanut Butter ‘n’ Chip ice cream in the house! 🙂
I miss tv nights, when our kids grow up we’ll have to reinstate them
SILVER SPOONS! I forgot to mention Silver Spoons. Loved that show. And…..now I have the theme song in my head.
“Here we are, face to face, a couple of silver spoons. Hopin’ to find, we’re two of a kind. Makin’ it grow, makin’ it go…Togetherrrrrrrrrr we’re gonna find our way. (you and I) togetherrrrrrrr takin’ the time each day….to learn all about those thing you just can’t buy! Two Silver Spoons together…..you and IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII”
Love that theme song!
Friends, ER, Dawson’s Creek, Growing Pains and Cheers = Most of my favs!! Love the list 😀 Brings back memories