- I just love the State Farm commercial where the wife catches the husband on the phone with a male agent and she thinks he’s talking to another woman so she takes the phone and talks to “her” and says with disgust, “She sounds hideous.” It makes me smile every time.
- I also love “Modern Family” and if you aren’t watching it, you should be – you know, if you live in the States. Hi-larious.
- Ever since the weekend Jack randomly calls out, “ArtPrize, where are you?”
- Apparently I need to try a new tactic for getting information out of Liam, when I ask how his day was at school, twice this week he’s responded with, “Mom, I’m just not talking anymore.” So we’re just assuming he’s learning something, though he still says his favorite part of the day is recess.
- I’m super glad I never judged anyone who put a leash/harness on their child. Why? Because I ordered one for Jack. Simon rolled his eyes at me and then watched me chase after our little munchkin at Costco and said he could see my point. I promise to save it for special occasions (it was bought with the intent that we’d use it in the airport).
- On a related note, I watched with extreme jealousy as a mother walked up to the school with her younger-than-two-year-old daughter trailing behind her. The little girl didn’t run for the road giggling with glee, but simply followed her mom and then stood there, next to her, not moving. Stood there.
- On another related note, I also purchased some Calms Forte 4 Kids with the hope that it might be useful on our trip. Either for the boys or for Simon and I – we shall see.
- I think it would be really cool to own a food truck. Or maybe just rent one for a party. That would also be cool.
- Though I’m a PC girl, I was sad to hear that Steve Jobs passed away.
- It’s a MOPS day – so excited! Our table is bringing brunch – I’m a little excited about my overnight breakfast casserole that’s hanging out in the fridge, though I’m also a little worried I might forget to put it in the oven in the morning.
- Today is Sandy’s birthday! Happy birthday to my walking buddy and wonderful friend! I hope you have a marvelous day! (I love exclamation marks!!)
- We’re halfway through soccer season – three games down and three to go – Liam’s goal for this week is to kick the ball 10 times (and not make anyone cry).
- We’re have guests overnight on Saturday – hopefully it’s not poor taste to put them up in Liam’s room (the bottom bunk is a double bed) but it saves having to deep clean our bedroom and we won’t leave Liam in the room to sleep (thought I should clarify that point; we only make my parents share the room with Liam).
- I’m on week four of Couch to 5K, it hasn’t been awful. So far.
- Tomorrow is Friday – hip, hip hooray!
Welcome to ememby!
- Hi, I'm Michelle, married mother of two active boys (plus one 9-pound poodle). I'm a proud Michigander, having lived here all my life (besides the 10 months I lived in Chicago during/after college). I love family, friends, God, food, enjoying life and continually striving for improvement.
Join 95 other followers