Happy Friday to all of you!
Here are a few updates I’m sure you were just dying to know about:
- One week later my shellac manicure is still holding strong; only two tiny, tiny chips are present which is pretty darn awesome in my book.
- Jack went to the pediatric dentist today and we determined that the best course of action is to pull his broken tooth as the nerve is indeed exposed (quite a bit the dentist said) so we have that scheduled for May 10; it does not come as a surprise to me that Jack is my child who will prematurely lose a tooth. Anyone else?
- Liam has school pictures again… I have never heard of both fall and spring photos. Why? I can assure you that we won’t be buying both.
- I still love pretzel rolls from Costco
- I need to get back on the workout bandwagon, but the last two weeks I’ve been a) busy with work most of the times I’m not with my kids, b) sick with a sinus infection which makes breathing less than perfect c) dealing with a serious lack of motivation BUT I will return to it. Sometimes you just need to take a break to regroup so you can like it again – right?
- I wonder if your name is appropriate, that it is required that you become a dentist – the two dentists we’ve seen this week have last names of Payne and Smiley.
- I still adore my MOPS table this year – we have been so blessed to have been put together. We went out again last night and I just love them – good times, great conversation and SO much laughter.
- I expect to have all of the above again tonight as I am getting together with my college friends for fondue and to celebrate Amy’s birthday [happy birthday for the third time today, my friend, so glad I get to tell you that in multiple ways, if it were in the budget, I’d totally procure a sky writer to say it again]
1. Who mows your grass?
My loverly husband mows our grass (I take care of weeding and all the other plants). When it was just my house (before we got married) I mowed it so it’s not like I can’t do it but Simon’s home two days a week without the kids and part of his getting to do that means that he needs to mow the lawn during that time and not on the weekends when we have family time.
2. Do you have a picture wall or picture gallery in your house (show us!
I do, or rather did, but at the moment it is out of commission due to a leak in out stairwell (it was on the wall next to our stairway). A picture wall is something I always wanted and I guess I do also have a smaller one in the hallway downstairs but at the moment I’m too lazy to go take a picture and post it – sorry ’bout that.
3. What book has influenced your thinking the most? Or, what blog? (I want to read what gets people thinking!)
The book I thought about the longest after reading it – Time Traveler’s Wife – just LOVED it.
It actually makes me laugh because I thought about this question a whole lot and realized that the answer was fairly obvious, because while I love to read and have read a TON of books, I don’t know that many influence my thinking and then I remembered, um, the BIBLE. That BOOK pretty much influences me on a daily basis.
And as far as blogs – just check out any of the ones in my sidebars – those are the ones I love the most and help guide who I am as a blogger.
4. Do you have allergies? If so, how do you handle it this time of year?
Not any seasonal ones but I am allergic to cats. My ears get itchy, I get hives and my eyes water but mostly only if I pet them or they are heavy shedders. For the most part I can avoid that.
5. What’s your go to meal to cook in a hurry?
Breakfast for dinner or some sort of pasta. My kids are fairly particular with that they eat (well, mostly just Jack these days) so we stick to a familiar repertoire of chicken nuggets, PB&J, pasta, pizza, smoothies, pancakes and various sides. For myself, if it is just me eating, salads are my standby – though I add so many veggies that it’s not exactly quick but faster than cooking up a hot meal and typically a whole lot healthier.
Linking up with Mama M for Five Question
I hope your son’s tooth issue will be resolved and that you have a fun time with your fondue, I love it! Have a great weekend!
BOO for the lingering sinus infection! I’m 11 days into my manicure, and not one chip or bubble. still going strong! Except my nails are starting to grow out….
Wouldn’t you know that I got two bigger chips after U wrote that but they were at the end of the nails so I just clipped them off. 😉 Perfect again. I wish I could do the same for my sinuses.