This week’s Music Monday is a bit different… I’m not going to link to the songs I mention because I don’t like them and don’t want to hear them at all. Sorry if you like them, people have different, inexplicable tastes (which 100% explains why my husband and youngest son like Vegemite).
Music I do not listen to:
- Anything by Ke$ha (I hate even typing her “name” and the fact that I had to google it to make sure I “spelled” it correctly)
- Pretty much all of Nickleback’s offerings; though I do sometimes find myself listening to one of their songs longer than intended and then I hear the familiar nasal, whiny stylings of the lead singers voice and off goes the song
- Most 80s hair rock – though I can sing along with almost all of them, they are just no my favorites (sorry, Sandy) but I do love the power ballads (my goodness can those bands rock the power ballads – e.g., Poison’s “Every Rose Has It’s Thorn”).
- Phil Collins, Genesis and Rod Stewart (all of these my husband will listen to which I find strange and disturbing given he also loves AC/DC but then, I love David Gray and [sometimes] Eminem, not to mention a few selections by Sugarland and Kid Rock)
- “I Believe I Can Fly” by R. Kelly (also don’t really care for R. Kelly as a person, but that’s another thing)
- “You Are Not Alone” by Michael Jackson (though I did love “Man in the Mirror,” “Smooth Criminal,” “The Way You Make Me Feel,” “I Just Can’t Stop Loving You” back in the day; did not love the video for “Thriller,” which gave me nightmares – thanks, Marty – but still am okay with the song itself)
- A variety of late 90s club/dance hits: “Macarena” (Los Del Rio), “Tub Thumping” (Chumbawumba), “Barbie Girl” (Aqua), “The Thong Song” (Sisqo) [this doesn’t mean I didn’t listen to them back in the day, but I’ve done my time with them and can now move on]
- And, also Kanye West because I think he is a tool.
What songs do you refuse to listen to?
And to cleanse the palate, a song I do like: