I’m happy to tell you that I’m hosting a giveaway, ironically it’s for Burger King, a place I haven’t eaten at in at least five years, since I was pregnant with Liam and really wanted one of their biscuits. (BTW – those are delicious.) I have to be honest and say that I prefer other fast food options because I like their menu items better and BK’s marketing campaigns don’t really appeal to me. But I recently got a coupon flier in the mail advertising their new menu items – smoothies, frappes and salads are a few of the items – so I had planned on visiting them soon. And then I got an email inquiring about whether I’d like to sample their products for FREE and offer a gift card to my readers (i.e., my family and friends) so I thought – sure, why not? I’m not too good for saying “no” to free food, especially if it can be healthy.
I stopped there today for lunch and picked up a Chicken, Apple and Cranberry Salad and a Tropical Mango smoothie. Next time we’ll be getting one of their new wraps and a mocha frappe (cold, blended coffee is my weakness, it’s true).
Phone camera photos aside, the food was really good and filling. The salad is as good as one I’ve been getting from a local deli and a few dollars cheaper (though slightly smaller). The smoothie was quite yummy but no different than any other mango smoothie, just nice and refreshing.
I’m excited to see BK offering some new menu items, especially when they are items that I normally get from other restaurants. But I’m even happier to tell you that they are very good!
Here’s a listing of all their new menu items:
- New Garden Fresh Salads (topped with your choice of TENDERCRISP® or juicy TENDERGRILL® chicken). Varieties include: Chicken BLT, Chicken, Apple and Cranberry and Chicken Caesar Garden Fresh Salad
- New Snack Wraps (quick, flavorful snacks for less than 400 calories each). Snack Wrap options include: Honey Mustard Crispy Chicken and Ranch Crispy Chicken
- New Crispy Chicken Strips made with white meat tenderloin chicken, marinated and lightly battered in seasoned home-style breading.
- New Real Fruit Smoothies made fresh to order with real fruit, low-fat yogurt and juices blended together. Each smoothie provides a full serving of fruit and is offered in the following varieties: Tropical Mango and Strawberry Banana
- Rich and smooth Frappés made to order and provide the perfect combination of sweet Mocha or Caramel flavors, a hint coffee and ice. Frappes are available in the following varieties: Mocha and Caramel
So, who wants to win their own $25 gift card to Burger King so you can try out some of their new menu items? If you are interested, please leave a comment below and let me know which new menu item you’d most like to try. Contest will close at noon on Sunday, April 29. Winner will be selected at random.
You can earn another entry by liking Burger King on Facebook and then leaving a comment here that you did so.