Thank goodness for four-day weeks! Though it will make next week seem that much longer! Ugh!
Here’s a bunch of randomness for you…
- This morning as Liam and I were getting ready to leave and Liam was giving Simon hugs and kisses, Jack walked up to them and asked for one. Thinking he meant to bestow them on Simon, I said, “No, you’re staying home with daddy, come give mommy hugs.” And Jack said, “No, I want hugs and kisses from Liam!” Too cute. Moments like those give me hope that they do love each other 😉
- I watched Thor last night while I was riding the exercise bike – nothing like Chris Hemsworth’s super cut body to make you cycle faster. Am still annoyed with Natalie Portman in general – why do people like her?
- I got the following three spam comments from “people” named Werner, Earl and Waldo:
- I simply want to tell you that I’m very new to weblog and really loved you’re blog. Very likely I’m planning to bookmark your blog post . You surely come with outstanding articles and reviews. Bless you for sharing your website page.
- I just want to say I am all new to blogs and certainly liked this web-site. Very likely I’m planning to bookmark your blog post . You amazingly come with amazing articles. Regards for revealing your web site.
- I simply want to tell you that I’m newbie to weblog and definitely liked your web site. Very likely I’m likely to bookmark your website . You amazingly have perfect articles. Thanks for sharing your website page.
- Do you think they all came from the same spam bot? Hmmm… I appreciate the small variations, but read all together it’s amusing to me. I do hope they follow through on their promise to “very likely” bookmark my blog, I love “regards for revealing” my website.
- I’ve been getting PT for my neck because I haven’t been able to sleep on my back for over two years without waking up with a horrible headache and knots in my neck that last a few days and I’d like to be able to sleep on my back again. It’s me with a bunch of older folks at the clinic I go to so at least I appear very healthy, though one of them asked me why I was there and I said for my neck and he asked how I hurt it and I had to admit it was from sleeping. Since yesterday I have been sporting some “cool” athletic tape, similar to the stuff the Olympic athletes would be wearing, which makes me feel
superiorsporty until I recall my injury is sleep related. The PT is helping slightly but I still can’t sleep on my back, fingers crossed that will change.
- Also, I am such a procrastinator that it took me over two years to finally look into a solution for my problem. Either that or I’m not a complainer, but that’s probably not it.
- When Liam got in the car yesterday after school, I asked about his day and he said, “I’ll tell you about it later.” When I reminded him of that this morning, he said, “I’ll tell you something: we had recess.” Thank you, dear, for that riveting insight into your day. [Note: He did tell us other things without our asking, like he has a kid in his class who just moved here from Mexico so he doesn’t speak English and the Dylan in his class isn’t the same Dylan from his preschool two years ago, but that Dylan is in another teachers’ class. Also, he loves his teacher once again.]
- Does anyone else have to really think through what daylight savings time means each time it happens… I have to take a moment and think, okay… fall back, that means that the kid’s normal bedtime will feel like it’s an hour later… oh, this means they’ll go to bed easier [bonus] but will also wake up earlier [opposite of bonus]. I do believe I prefer falling back to springing forward, my kids have been giving me trouble with bedtime since the time change in the spring, for real.
- I’m hoping to convince my kids to be angry birds again this Halloween… keep your fingers crossed on that one as well.
- Women’s Retreat is coming up next weekend… cannot wait… don’t care at all what Simon does with the boys while I am gone (especially since my mom will be here half the time and he was gone for three weeks), hopefully we can argue this still makes me a good mother since I am taking time for myself, this is a good thing.
- I totally sliced off the skin on the side of my ankle shaving last Friday and it still hurts. “Injuries” like that make me so mad because it’s not like I haven’t been shaving my legs for somewhere around two DECADES and still I do stupid things. Dumb.
- The only reason I want to fast forward through fall is to get through the election… I’ve been done with political coverage since, well, ever. I don’t believe a thing any politician says – I watched too much West Wing – and at least there is less talking once the election is over (for at least six months until it seems to start again – it’s like when stores come out with Christmas stuff in October, or September).
- The following epitomizes my best relationships: