Hmmm… it’s Friday! Here’s a brief list of random stuff before we dive into Five Question Friday:
- The boys and I all had great reports from the dentist yesterday… no cavities! Jack amused the staff to no end but was overall great with his first real cleaning (not at all traumatized by his last dental visit which included a tooth extraction). Two of the hygienists asked if they could take him home with them – I was tempted to allow that to happen. Jack picked out a princess toothbrush, much to everyone’s amusement. Liam is getting his six-year molars and doesn’t have a hint of any loose teeth.
- Jack’s new bad habit is covering his mouth with both hands and whispering a bad word into them and then announcing to me, “You didn’t hear me say that bad word!”
- Liam is starting an art class after school next week – I hope he likes it! He begged to be signed up for it and then the day I signed him up, a slip came home advertising a wrestling club, which he also wanted to join but sadly could not as two of the weeks it meets are the same as the art class. So we are the parents who enroll their son in art instead of wrestling, for some reason, that amused me.
- My niece, Quinn, had her second baby Ethan Andrew (my godson!) yesterday morning and he is a doll. I get to see him on Saturday and I’m super excited! When she had Max, I had a little baby (Jack) of my own so I couldn’t appreciate the newborn-ness of Max as much as I can now with Ethan. Watch out Grandma Joan and Auntie Laura… my arms are dying for a little baby to hold and cuddle!
- I apparently nest for other people. Quinn had her baby and I immediately wanted to make food so I stopped by the grocery store after our dentist appointment, stocked up on supplies and came home and made wet burritos, lentil barley stew and two apple pies. My freezer is ready to supply them with some edibles.
- The Tigers are in the World Series – which is awesome, less awesome is that I now have to watch baseball and get excited about it 🙂
1. Where do you hide junk when people come over?
This assumes I have junk to hide – which is just not true. I am always perfectly cleaned up so there is no need to hide things (right now my husband is laughing hysterically [note: I initially spelled this wrong and it auto-corrected to “historically” which is amusing to me]). I reality, we hide stuff in our guest room (and shut the door), on our stairway (and shut the door) and in our front closet (and shut the door). I have also been known to put stuff in the oven, but that was when we had our house on the market.
2. Do political ads help you decide who you are going to vote for?
Not even a little. But they do help me be annoyed with politics and politicians in general.
3. What’s your favorite holiday party to host?
I like hosting things in general so any of them, sadly our house is a wee bit small for large gatherings but someday, in a bigger house, we are going to have awesome parties! I love people, I love food (making and eating) and I rather enjoy drinking things – so win-win all around when it comes to holiday parties.
4. You go to an island with your husband and can only take one personal item. What is it?
I won’t say razor because the hubs won’t care so this is more for me since I hate oily/greasy hair on my head. I would take a HUGE bottle of shampoo for my hair and to be used as body wash. I like to smell nice.
5. If you found out your spouse was a Dexter style serial killer (only kills people to save others) would you rat?
This is an awesome question. And one I don’t have an answer for because while a) murder is bad (duh), (b) I might be able to justify the killing of people to save others. But in actual reality, I’m pretty sure I wouldn’t love my husband being a serial killer and would have a serious issue with staying married to him and also might be in fear of being murdered myself if I turned him in… I might encourage him to turn himself in. Does this make me an awful person that I wouldn’t immediately rat him out? Dear serial killers: If you are doing “good” with your killing spree, your secret is (potentially) safe with me.
Linking up with Mama M for Five Question Friday.