The spam comments folder is always great for a laugh. To wit, I received the following spam comments on my 40 Before 40 post:
- Useful information shared..Iam very happy to read this article..thanks for giving us nice info.Fantastic walk-through. I appreciate this post. [Apparently I provided a fantastic walk-through for turning 40.]
- I think so. I think your article will give those people a good reminding. And they will express thanks to you later [I’m still waiting for an expression of thanks.]
- I am often to blogging and i really appreciate your content. The article has really peaks my interest. I am going to bookmark your site and keep checking for new information. [I’m less often to blogging lately, but I hope to be often to blogging again soon.]
- My favorite: Dude.. I am not much into reading, but somehow I got to read lots of articles on your blog. Its amazing how interesting it is for me to visit you very often. [Gotta love a spambot that uses “dude.” But what else can you expect when their spam email has “baby-gaga” in it.]
And just when I’m feeling all special and great about myself, I find this comment from someone with a blog title that includes the phrase “how to get rid of kidney pain”:
- When I read a blog, I hope that that doesnt let down me just as much as this one. I mean, I know it had been my choice to read, however actually thought youd possess something exciting to say. Just about all I hear is a lot of whining regarding something that you might fix in case you werent way too busy trying to find attention. [Dear spambot: why don’t you try using apostrophes, maybe you won’t get so angry. Also, you are dumb. And ugly.]
This is my 500th post! To honor that… I’ll pick a random commenter to get a mixed CD… odds are pretty much in your favor since it’s a pretty small comment pool.
Random comment: I love your cover photo. Your paint job is great. I can never get my nails to look that nice so I stopped trying ages ago. :)~
My secret is shellac – both the at-home and salon variety. And in between – OPI color with Sally Hansen Professional top coat – I used to hate painting my nails because they would chip the first day but now with OPI and topcoat they will last a few days and with shellac, at least a week until the first chip and I’m currently on two weeks with my last manicure with NO chips.
I think spambots are ugly too.
whats a “spambot” ??
I always love a Michelle Bennett CD mix! Just sayin’…. 🙂
I also think your article will give those people a good reminding. And now I express thanks to you.
This made me snorty laugh
Am I too late to enter??
Thanks! I might just do that!