Love awards season, but my husband isn’t a whole lot of fun to watch them with, though he is excited about this show because of Ricky Gervais. But I thought I’d share my thoughts with you…
So here we go
- The E! coverage of the red carpet was just painful to watch but then I switched over to NBC and that was just as painful, apparently TV interviewers are not at all good at off-the-cuff interviewing.
- Scarlett Johanssen has skipped the young, hot divorcee phase and gone right to middle-aged and washed up – perhaps her stylist is loyal to Ryan.
- Christian Bale is rather hilarious and good (though long-winded) at given speeches. And then he ruined it by talking and talking… fail. (If you have not seen The Fighter, you better remedy that right quick – I loved it and the performances are outstanding!)
- Katy Segal, she just gets more beautiful! Who knew Peg Bundy would grow up to be the classiest lady in the room?
- I’d love to know what Tom Hanks was so passionately saying to Rita when The Pacific didn’t win.
- Now Eva Longoria is looking better than ever… divorce is her friend, whether she wants it to be or not.
- From the look of him, Steve Buscemi, were he not an actor, would be someone who would make me nervous to be alone with him, though he does seem to be a very nice guy.
- I’m so disappointed when actors and shows win that are on HBO and Showtime because even though I’m sure they are great, I’ve never seen them and just can’t get excited about them.
- Trent Reznor wins a Golden Globe… never would have imagined that during the Nine Inch Nail days. Maybe Marilyn Manson will someday write a score for a Pixar film.
- Oh Justin Beiber… keep riding that wave while it lasts.
- Helena Bonham Carter… really, can’t you put in any effort? There’s quirky and then there’s just bad.
I’d love to share more with you but at this point, the germs I got from my cutie 4-year-old reared their ugly head and I spent the next 24 hours or so playing host to the flu. Blech.