(Not to be confused with those of a certain Pioneer Woman)
- For the last two days I have been using men’s stick deodorant (I ran out of mine and had this one lying around since I bought it on sale and Simon will only use aerosol); every time I get a whiff of myself, I wonder… why do I keep smelling cologne? Oh yeah… it’s me.
- I told Liam to “check himself” and he responded angrily with, “No, I’m not going to check myself, I’m going to wreck yourself!” Then immediately followed up with a more contrite voice, “No, I didn’t mean to say that. I’m sorry, mommy, it was an accident.” And I could not stop myself from laughing and had to turn my back and when he thought I was crying, I let him believe that it was because he was mean to me.
- I have the entire season of House on our DVR and have yet to watch a single episode but fully intend to do so when everything starts re-running this summer.
- While I don’t look forward to each new work week, I secretly love being at the quiet office as opposed to the not-so-quiet house.
- I never remind my husband that Mother’s Day is coming up as a test to see if he will remember and do something on his own – it’s really not very nice of me but he has never forgotten [though I was not super impressed by the laptop “tray” I received as part of my gift last year – but he knew I always complained about my lap getting too hot when I sit with my computer on it, so it was thoughtful (and purchased the day before Mother’s Day).]
- I don’t love summer – though the past couple have been good to us here in Michigan and I’ve started to come around but I don’t think my affinity for autumn will ever waver.
- I put Jack to bed in the same clothes he wore to bed the night before, which wouldn’t be so bad if Simon had ever changed him out of them today. [I did change his pants to go to Meijer, because apparently jeans are more appropriate grocery shopping attire than track pants; like Meijer, I have standards.]