Here are MY favorite finds from around the web:
Crafts I’d like to try:
- It I were crazy and more industrious, I’d so love to steal this Dr. Seuss party theme
- If I’d ever get my sewing machine out of the basement, I’d love to make one of these crayon roll-ups
- I think these Herb Soaps might be a nice hostess or teacher’s aide gift
Recipes I’d like to try:
- This Hawaiian BBQ Pulled Chicken recipe looks super easy and I think Simon would like it since he regularly asks for pizza with BBQ sauce instead of tomato and likes the traditional Hawaiian pizza.
- Hello Sticky Toffee Pudding in a Jar, perhaps we should meet in person (if only you were ice cream)
- There’s something appealing about these Roasted Chickpeas, I mean I love them on salads and made into hummus, so why not roasted?
- And wouldn’t this Crispy Potato Roast make an impressive entrance at a potluck?
- What a great way to sneak both a fruit and a veggie into my kiddos: PB&J muffins
Things I’d like to buy:
- A ticket to Holland to see the tulip fields
- A neato collapsible pet feeder (though I wonder if George would be tall enough to use it)
- A super cool organizer like this GRID-IT Organizer for all my travelling needs (spied on Mighty Girl)
Posts I liked and I’ll tell you why…
- Someday, wouldn’t it be awesome to throw a party like the Grand Easter Egg Hunt the Design Mom threw? (Of course I will likely never be living in Normandy, alas.)
- Classic Dooce post, I’ve missed these: Connecting in Memphis (Favorite line: “But that was when I was unmedicated, so I did not get over a lot of things including the rapid decline of New Kids on the Block.”)
New to me blogs:
- Her Five Year Diary is the day-by-day transcription of a woman’s life from 1961 through 1965 – yes, that is it, the whole story.
- I can never resist a good food blog, Matt Bites appears to be just that
- Family Kitchen seems to be an endless source of recipes, I was drawn to the plethora of cakes in jars they’ve featured
- Twirl Next Door is a mom who cleverly packs her kids lunches with things my kids would never touch with a 10-foot pole, but perhaps if I put it in a compartmentalized container, they would gobble it all up
- I’d love to get my act together and participate in the 52 Photos Project
I’m totally intrigued by those cakes in jars… what a fun thing to serve if you have friends over for dinner!
They had rainbow ones for st. patrick’s day that I thought were cool but really, any of them sound delicious…
Hey, thanks for mentioning my blog! I am enjoying yours too!
Thanks for stopping by! Your posts are inspiring me for the summer when I have to pack lunches for my kids at their new daycare.
Pingback: Insider’s Guide to Outpatient Surgery with a 5.5-year-old* | ememby