Here are MY favorite finds from around the web
Crafts I’d like to try:
- So pretty yarn balls
- I must a jersey knit bracelet to add to my accessories
- Sensory playdough… though I really don’t let me kids play with playdough because I’m a horrible mom
- I miss making friendship bracelets, anyone have a daughter I can borrow to make these with? [yes, I’m totally feeding gender stereotypes]
- What a cute idea: Button artwork
- DIY Paper Snack Bowls – how easy-ish
- I have secretly always wanted to make a granny square blanket, though I haven’t the slightest clue how to do it – I’ve only crocheted a potholder and a washcloth.
- Perhaps this could be a quilt I could do for my 35 before 35 list…
Recipes I’d like to try:
- While not so much a recipe, I think I’ll try making these Oreo pops for Liam’s birthday
- Curried Cauliflower Cracklins, always looking for a way to spice up the veggies
- While I could just go buy one, how much better do these homemade Twix bars look? (totally calorie-free when homemade, right?)
- Seriously, how good does this look: Hedy’s Mars Bar Ice Cream Cake
- Wine + cake = awesome (Red Wine Cake)
- Roasted Tomato Salsa (though I am a salsa verde fan, this one contains ingredients I love)
- Here’s something different to do with over-riped bananas: Banana Everything Cookies
- How scrumptious does this Raspberry Chocolate Cake look?
- Continuing the streak of chocolate desserts: Mississippi Mud Cake
- Something not chocolate or dessert: Missy’s Marinated Tomatoes
- Grilled Sweet Potato Salad because we are huge SP fans
I’d also like to encourage you to try the Mango Quinoa Salad and Deluxe Tomatillo Sauce from my last Favorite Finds post, I’ve had both since I wrote that and they are delicious!
Things I’d like to buy:
- I love all of these quotes for kids’ spaces
- Frientor Books and Go!Global posters both spied on Sally Shim’s site, the illustrations are adorable
- Wordless Wrap wrapping paper (spied on Nice Things Now)
Posts I liked and I’ll tell you why…
- Kendi Everyday is hilarious and stylish – what a winning combination and for 30 days, she makes outfits out of the same 30 items of clothing.
- Free Summer Printables – great for all ages!
- Dooce done two ways: A Story About Someone Else’s A$$ and Bangladeshi Conviction
- Esteem by Angie from (In)courage, a quote:
There is no competition, ladies.
There is no little room that only a few can enter.
There are two choices, and the ironic part is that they don’t affect the other person the way they affect you.
Start tonight, and do something bold.
Ask God to humble you and raise others up.
- Love is a verb by Teaching Tuck and Ty
- On Being Held by Wandering On Purpose
- Consider joining in on this Love Drop
New to me blogs:
- Awesome craft inspiration and many how-tos: V and Co.
- Real moms who blog like I blog: Wandering On Purpose and LucidLotusLife
- Yet another person with way more style than I will ever have, even if I really tried: Design for Mankind
- Super cute blog filled with great inspiration (love her “today we wish we wore” posts): Live and Enliven
All images borrowed from the above-linked sites.
Looking for other favorite finds? Look no further, they are here.
This is why I love your blog: I don’t need to spend the time looking at a hundred other blogs (which I would love to do, but can’t find the time) because you put all the good stuff right here. You’re like the cliff notes for blogs! And also because it’s good to know there are other moms who don’t love to bathe their children and don’t let them play with play-doh. 🙂
I feel like it’s the dirty secret of my parenting… I don’t let then do messy things all the time because I don’t like to clean or give baths 🙂 you should use google reader… Then all your blogs are in one place, tho I’m happy to serve as your cliff notes, too!
Pingback: Things I Love Thursday: Delegating | ememby