Happy Friday! This has been a LONG week, but not a bad week, just a long one! I think the next two months are just going to be busy (who am I kidding, the next two decades are going to be busy) so I’m just going to have to embrace the crazy.
I hope you enjoyed yesterday’s flashback photo – I’ve got a few more to share in the future thanks to FB friends with scanners. They are pretty awesome (if awesome = entertaining for you and embarrassing for me).
Here are some things I’m thinking about:
- I’ve worked out every day this week (except yesterday) and eaten well and as of this morning I’ve gained a half a pound – what the heck? We’re going to pretend it’s all new muscle. But it makes me a little stabby crazy.
- We’re going to a potluck at Simon’s old work (a camp) tomorrow and I’m making everyone’s favorite buffalo chicken dip and my favorite pineapple zucchini cake with cream cheese frosting (linked here)
- Liam has another birthday party on Saturday for his friend he was in daycare with from 6 months to 3.5 years – they were born 4 days apart and oh how they loved each other. It makes my heart happy.
- Date night on Sunday night, on the lineup: dinner at The Electric Cheetah (it’s delicious) and a movie (Captain America or Horrible Bosses, but NOT Friends with Benefits)
- Yeah for walking with Sandy today after too long of a break. It’s hot and the heat and humidity makes me grumpy but we have such a great time!
Huzzah for the weekend! Hope you have fun plans, too! And now, a little five question Friday!
1. Vow renewal ceremonies-yay or nay?
Nay, I feel like staying married is vow renewal enough. But I am not adverse to anniversary parties for 25 and 50 years… or week-long tropical vacations for 10 and 15 years.
2. What sound/s annoy you the most?
Simon’s eyes squeak sometimes when he rubs them and the sound totally creeps me out. I also really hate our neighbor kids’ voices, they are all high-pitched and nasally and they yell all the time when they are outside and only call their mom “honey” which when they say it, sounds like “hahn-knee.” We call the neighbor kids the children of the corn because when we are outside on our deck, the kids often stand at the windows and watch us but if you wave at them or make eye contact, they just stare at you and don’t move. Perhaps they think we can’t see them if they aren’t moving but it’s still strange.
3. If you had to pick, would you have only all boys, or only all girls for kids?
All boys, all the way and not just because I have two boys (though they are awesome) and not because I don’t like girls (I totally do, because girls are also awesome). But I always said, (when we were considering a third child and people would ask “but what if it’s a boy again?”) “The only thing worse than having three boys would be having three girls.” Girls are drama and are often at odds with their moms in their teenage years, why would I wish for that? Boys are a different kind of difficult, for sure and we’ll just leave it at that.
4. Do you believe in alternative medicine?
Yes, but I also believe in modern medicine and that they can work together to best benefit a person and their needs but I don’t think you should have one without the other.
5. Would you take a family member’s children and raise them if they needed it?
Absolutely, no question.