Here are MY favorite finds from around the web
(sorry it’s been ages since I did one of these)
Crafts I’d like to try:
- I guess this is a craft and recipe in one – individual cupcake stands topped with lemonade cupcakes
- Wouldn’t this badminton heart be cute hanging on the wall of my non-existent cottage?
- DIY Chalkboard Banner – I so want to be the kind of mom that has banners hanging up for special occasions (is that a kind of mom?)
- I so wish I had a little girl’s room to hang one of these paper lanterns in… that Martha is so clever!
- I don’t know that cross stitch could ever be cool, but I do love to do it (though I haven’t for ages) – the Princess Bride one is awesome!
- What a great idea for a child’s bedroom – ABC wall art
- Giant origami – combining my love of paper with cool decor – sounds like it’s right up my alley!
- These pocket hearts seem small and relatively simple – my kind of craft
- What a ingenious idea for if I ever get Jack to sleep in Liam’s bottom bunk – a crib converted into a craft station
Recipes I’d like to try:
- Vietnamese Spring Rolls with Peanut Dipping Sauce – my SIL in Oz made spring rolls the last time we were there and the fact that I still think about them is a tribute to the deliciousness
- Who doesn’t love old-fashioned pull-apart buns? No one, that’s who…
- In general I like veggie burgers (I also like turkey and all-beef burgers, I’m all-inclusive with my love of burgers), but these sound super delicious from Oh She Glows
- Beef tacos, two ways:
- In the shredded beef in the crock pot
- Carnitas-style with roasted peppers and onions (I made these for Liam’s birthday and they were so, so, so good)
- Cookies and cream cupcakes from the always inspiring Bakerella
- Peach Vodka Slushies are most definitely perfect for a girl’s night!
- Healthy and then not so much – Bacon Stuffed Tomatoes
- I think my mom made this Lemon Buttermilk Sorbet when I was growing up – that or something very similar, either way, I remember loving it!
- Quinoa Three Ways – though I’m a little skeptical of the breakfast option (these are for you, Heidi); tomorrow I’m making my quinoa greek salad, I’ll document it just for you guys – it’s delicious!
Things I’d like to buy:
- I’m a bit of a sucker for pretty glass like these Glassbaby votives (spied via Pioneer Woman)
- I’m also a sucker for cool graphic design like this map of the USA
- All this lovely paper in one spot… yes please! (You know how I feel about paper)
- These prints are too cute… I especially love the family portrait
- Anything at any one of the sweet shops
- I posted about canvas prints before – but I love the stairway treatment Laura did (now to get her to Michigan to shoot our photos, thankfully I have many photographer friends in town)
- Sweet mirrors with a message from Noosh (spied via Lil’ Magoolie)
Posts I liked and I’ll tell you why…
- I Am… by Angella at Dutch Blitz – makes me what to post something like this of my own.
- Crossroads by Emily at not that you asked – the part that resonated most was where she talks about how for the first time, there is no set plan in front of her – that’s sort of how I feel now that I think we’re done having kids (and I also saw the horrible Britney Spears movie in the theater).
- Tales from the Accidental Asshole: The TV Critic by Pamie, who I’ve been reading since the beginning days of TWOP
- The Post Office is My Nemesis by Naomi from Aiming Low because I feel her pain – I never mentioned this here but a month or so ago, I told off a rude, oblivious older woman at the post office (I still get an adrenaline rush just thinking about it)
- You should watch this: Dark Girls Documentary
New to me blogs:
- Mama Loves Her Shows – Blogging and TV, my two favorite activities in one place
- Parenting. Illustrated with Crappy Pictures – you will laugh until there are tears
All images borrowed from the above-linked sites.
Looking for other favorite finds? Look no further, they are here.