Changing up the title of my random posts… living life on the edge, bloggity blog style. [Or perhaps I’ve had a wee bit too much Diet Coke today; you say potato, I say yep.]
- This is my 350th post on this here blog. Is that impressive, or not? I don’t know. It definitely means a have a whole lot of words waiting to get out… thanks for reading them.
- The newer A Team is funny stuff. We had a free movie weekend and recorded it – it makes me laugh. If you like to laugh, you should watch it, too. Also, if you like to look at Bradley Cooper, you should also watch it. There are also quotable gems like, “Overkill is under-rated.”
- We also recorded the entire first season of Homeland, which we then watched in less than a week. Apparently, we liked it. Hopefully we can get a free weekend of Showtime again in a year so we can watch season two.
- Liam said to me the other night, “You know mom, it really is a man’s world. Like that song says.” Me: “Oh really?” Him: “Yes, because God made it and he’s a guy.”
- I’m looking forward to the 4th of July parade next week… the boys are going to LOVE it! But I have to say that I do not approve of a Wednesday holiday – worst day of the week for one day off.
- I apologize in advance if I miss anything I have planned with anyone reading this… I don’t have any plans to miss these things, but I’m just pre-emptively apologizing because it could happen. Better safe than sorry.
- Who is the target audience for the Katy Perry movie? Just curious.
- Not at all related to the above, I totally watched the Justin Bieber special on NBC. Justin Bieber has a rather large target audience is all I’m saying.
- I’m also saying, I love my husband.
- Restaurant Impossible sort of makes me never want to eat at another restaurant again. Also, why is Cupcake Wars still a show?
- With the driving school right next door (at work) I find myself feeling much older than normal because the KIDS that are taking drivers’ ed are SO YOUNG. Babies.
- Simon bought himself a baseball glove… this is something I never thought I’d see my rugby-and-soccer-playing husband do.
- Ice Cube and Coco should never be anyone’s godparents. It needs to be said.
- I saw a trailer for “Moonrise Kingdom” for the very first time and knew immediately it was a Wes Anderson film… am I that good or is he a little bit one note? Brilliantly hilarious, but one note, at least in his quirkiness and art direction.
- Liam asked what the Olympics were when we were at a friend’s house, it really could only have been more embarassing if he also streaked naked through their living room (which, let’s face it, is a possibility).
- Speaking of nudity… when my parents were at our house last weekend, Jack came into the kitchen, looking very proud of himself and said, “Look…” It took us a minute to realize that he was trying to call attention to the fact that he’d pulled his pants down so just one part of his anatomy was poking over the top of his waistband. Awesome. My dad laughed so hard he had tears in his eyes – I’m not thinking Jack learned the lesson NOT to do that again.
- And just to get that last bullet completely out of your mind: