I should preface this by saying I have absolutely nothing against girls, but boys are what I’ve got so that’s what I’m going with…
1. Their seemingly endless energy
2. That hugs are always seconds away from turning into wrestling matches.
3. Hopefully avoiding the drama of the teenage years – I have to believe in exchange for the craziness that comes with young boys, I’ll have more peace in the middle school and high school years (please do not burst my bubble)
4. Their infectious laughter
5. No need to learn to do hair, just take them to get haircuts.
6. The father-son bond. I feel like this is so special and important since it helps shape the men they are to become and I just love how much my boys love their daddy (and vice versa).
7. Mommy always comes first – though we are trying to avoid total momma’s boys.
8. They seem to come with an innate sense that the words “butt” and “poop” are hilarious and know how to shoot at each other and make gun sounds without having been taught – this both fascinates me and drives me crazy.
9. In following tradition, no weddings to pay for… in theory.
10. I have never had to read a princess book or watch a princess movie – I much prefer Cars and Lightening McQueen any princess out there.
This post is linked to Oh Amanda’s Top Ten Tuesday.