- Flat whites (very common coffee with steamed milk, I don’t know why but in Oz, the coffee tastes better)
- Lift (lemon sparkling soda)
- Meat pies
- Spinach rolls
- Coffee milk (small carton milk with coffee in it – also comes in chocolate, strawberry and sometimes banana)
- Passionfruit pop, yogurt and frozen yogurt
- Fish and chips
- Delicious Thai and Indian food
- Queensland King prawns – Simon de-headed and peeled them for me, my hero
- Good sushi at the mall with the cutest soy sauce in tiny, fish-shaped bottles
- Kebabs also from the mall (or, the “shops” as they are called here)
- Lamb roast with garlic and rosemary
- Christmas pudding (spiced cake with dried fruits soaked in alcohol) with ice cream and custard
- Peppermint and double chocolate Magnum ice cream bars
- Two traditional Jordanian dishes prepared by my SIL Ola, so yummy!
- Bacon and cheese rolls (Liam’s new favorite)
- Chocolate mousse cake
- Finger buns with frosting and sprinkles
- Tim Tams
- Milk bottles (white gummy candy that tastes like a marshmallow)
- Oodles of Cadbury chocolate
- Countless cups of Lipton Yellow Label tea (anyone who went to K-stan with me remember this? Tasting it brings be back there every time)
I’m sure I’ve forgotten something, but not intentionally… we are certainly well-fed and preparing ourselves for the detox, diet and exercise that will be in our near future when we get back to the States.
Thanks alot. Now I’m beyond hungry 🙂
You would be forgiven in thinking they are eating their way around the country!!!
How is Jack surviving???
Pingback: Top Ten Things I Love About Australia | ememby