My birthday is Friday, I’ll be 33. I have no qualms about sharing my age (though I don’t always enjoy it when we are walking through the grocery store and Liam tells whoever we are going past, “I am 4-and-a-half, my brother is 2 and my mom is 32!”). I don’t mind at all being the age I am, I do mind when someone thinks I’m far older than I actually am. Two things you should never assume about a woman, her age and the status of her uterus. It’s just best to keep those opinions to yourself.
In thinking about my birthday, I’ve been considering what I might like to accomplish before my next big milestone birthday of 35 (one could argue that the real milestone is 40, but I’m not ready to go there quite yet). Here’s my list, we’ll see how it goes in the next two years.
- Go camping with the boys.
- Take another road trip with the family.
- Start a chore chart/allowance system for the kids.
- Teach Liam to ride a bike.
- Read at least 20 books.
- Participate in a 5K – walking or running.
- Sell our house and move into our “forever” home.
- Make plans to visit Australia with the boys.
- Go on a girl’s weekend with my friends.
- Take a 2+ day trip with just Simon.
- See at least 5 live musical performances.
- Teach Liam to read.
- Potty train Jack.
- Go to ArtPrize twice.
- Eat at 10 new-to-me restaurants.
- Take Jack to his first movie in a theater.
- Go mini-golfing with the boys.
- Take the boys to a hockey game.
- Attempt to grow out my hair for locks of love.
- Send at least 8 “care” packages to out-of-town friends and family.
- Meet my WW’s goal (way before 35).
- Get Jack baptised/dedicated at church.
- Stay at the JW Marriott.
- Stay at a bed and breakfast.
- Visit Great Wolf Lodge.
- Get an hour-long massage.
- Plant a garden.
- Send someone flowers.
- Join a bible study.
- Continue writing this blog.
- Start AND finish a quilt.
- Tackle the crazy basement once and for all.
- Re-finish a piece of furniture.
- Get the boys sharing a room so we can reclaim a guest room/office/craft space.
- Get vinyl flooring installed in our kitchen.
What would you like to accomplish in the next two years?
I’ve missed my daily readings! (But I’m all caught up now).
I love this list!!! Totally support you 100% in ALL points. But I can specifically help/support in #6, 15, and 27. 🙂
You know I’ll take all the help I can get 🙂 Glad you are back in Michigan!
I’ve heard New Orleans is nice. And only 5 hours from Houston. Just sayin.
NOLA is always a strong possibility! We love jambalaya, hurricanes, beignets and DeKornes. 🙂
Love the list. I would have a good number of similar things if I did the same! Perhaps we should work on #31 together (does that mean we should finish our quilt from class–was that really 4 years ago??)
Someday… We’ll do it! Someday we’ll also take another class!
I love the mix of little and big goals on this list:) I am considering joining in with you on the goal of tackling the insanity of my basement, but it’s just so…insane. I fear it might take me down with it. lol
Our basement is the catchall for everything we don’t want to deal with – very scary! We can do it!
Pingback: Five Question Friday | ememby
Pingback: Favorite Finds – 07/09/11 | ememby
Pingback: 2012 Resolutions | ememby
Pingback: Year In Review | ememby
Pingback: 35 Before 35, one year down | ememby
Pingback: Instagram | 19 | ememby
Pingback: 2013 Year in Review | ememby